Please join us on June 7th for the Healthy Food Fuels Hungry Minds conference at Harvard University.
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
Countless children face a lifetime of health-related issues based on access to nutritious food. Our schools are on the front line of driving that access, and on educating children in the cafeteria and beyond about healthy choices. This third annual conference brings together all the essential stakeholders for a spirited discussion of common concerns and action steps that can mobilize all of us equally. Speakers and attendees include school food professionals, parents, policy and wellness advocates, and officials and academicians in the fields of law, nutrition, public health and education. “Healthy Food Fuels Hungry Minds” is presented with the objective of enabling participants to make our kids’ nutrition the best in the nation by creating an environment both in and out of school where great nutrition is fostered and valued and healthy choices, including healthy beverages and clean, drinkable water, are always the easiest ones.
Featuring Keynote addresses from:
- Marion Nestle
- PhD, MPH, Paulette Goddard Professor of Nutrition, Food Studies, and Public Health at New York University
- Betti Wiggins
- CPM, SNS, Executive Director of Food Services, Detroit Public Schools
- The Politics of (School) Food
- Key Focus Areas for Child Health In and Out of School with a Spotlight on Sugar Sweetened
- Beverages and Increasing Access to Drinking Water
- Marketing Food to Kids – Psychology and Behavior, Social Media, Point of Sale and Increasing Participation
- Chef Demonstrations of School Food Recipes/Menus & Lunch: A Conversation on School Food in the City
- Current Outlook on Food Policy & Funding In and Out of Schools
- Increasing Breakfast Participation
- School Wellness Committee Engagement
- Fringe School Food – After School, Nights, Weekends, Summers, and Alternative Operations
- Understanding School Food Funding for Non-School Nutrition Directors
- Getting to the State House – Turning Ideas into Policy
- Registration Fee: $50
Approved for 6 CEs for school nutrition personnel
“Healthy Food Fuels Hungry Minds ” is the product of a partnership between Let’s Talk About Food, the Massachusetts Health Council and Harvard University Dining Services.